How To Manage Your Wedding Guest’s Menu Options
Here’s my advice for managing your guest menu options…including the deadline for responses (to let us lovely suppliers know in plenty of time.)
1. If you have menu options for your guests to choose from, then these should be included somewhere in their wedding invite. They can let you know their choices when they RSVP. There are a few ways of achieving this.
2. You could include the full menu options on an additional insert card provided within the invite.
3. You could fit these on the reverse of an RSVP card – just email your Stationer (hopefully me!) who could advise whether or not they could squeeze it in or whether the additional card is needed.
4. If guests are to RSVP by email or text, then it’s pretty straightforward for them to let you know what their choices are.
5. However, if you will be asking guests to reply by post and are providing them with an RSVP card, then you’ll need to ensure there is some way for each of your guests to indicate their menu choices. We do this on the reverse of the RSVP card to keep it nice and succinct.
6. You might also like to ask your guests if they have any dietary requirements that you need to inform your caterers of.
7. Make sure you give your guests a deadline for when they need to reply with their choices (we recommend 8-10 weeks before your wedding date as a minimum), so that you can let your caterers know and finalise what table stationery you’re going to need and order it in time for your wedding day.